Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Josie pics please?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Can someone help me? If someone has any pictures of Josie with her hair down, preferably, and dressed in Modern clothes--could you post--or do a little photo shoot?

    I'm wondering if it might convince my friend that Josie is an option instead of Marisol for her 8yo who didn't want her at Christmas, but now since her sis got an AG doll, she wants one, too, and they want one that "looks like her."

    She'll be getting her for her bday in May.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bethmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well..I have only one and it's only the front.
    My Josefina looks pretty that way,but her hair is a bit coarse and stays tidier in the braid.
    f1b7495a

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For a first doll and with a plan to take the hair down, I would not recommend Kaya or Josefina, and the younger the child, the less I would recommend it. Their hair is very long and tangles very easily. It is best to leave these dolls' hair in the braids.
    Here is an album of a Josefina who was gently played with my an older girl who has experience with American Girls. She restored well, but she lost a lot of hair. If she becomes tangled again, she will have to be rewigged. Her wig will not withstand another restoration.
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2119785111
    I saw NUMEROUS badly matted Josefinas when I was at AGPC. My mom almost passed out over one of them. It was wicked horrible.
    If she wants a modern Hispanic girl, one of the medium skinned, dark brown hair AGoTs would probably be the best choice. My friend's hubby is Mexican, and their daugther's face is the like more chubby-cheeked AGoT face than the Josefina mold. I just shipped my last Marisol yesterday, or I would offer you one for your friend.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As always--y'all are very helpful!! I didn't really realize her hair was that coarse i.e. tangly, so now I know not to steer her in that direction.

    I think it's going to have to be Marisol, so I'll help her find a good one on ebay. If any of you see a BIN under $120, please post the link!

    Cute pics skittl--love those pink PJs! You don't need to dress Josie like Marisol. I don't think that they care about her collection, just her looks--and she sure is pretty, looking at those pics of Josie and Marisol side by side.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks.

    So, is her hair an issue? Can it be unruly/messy? I know it is very long.

    Anyone else have any good pics?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also to add- if you wait until Christmas I can put her in the meet marisol outfit, the spotlight tutu and the ballet practice outfit. But I can't take her hair down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •